Saturday, January 2, 2010
At the beginning of 2010 As of mid-December 2009 it is estimated from the latest UN Population Division data that in Occupied Afghanistan post-invasion non-violent excess deaths total 3.4 million; post-invasion violent deaths total 1.1 million (assuming expert US-Australian advice that the level of violence has been 4 times lower in the Afghan War than in the Iraq War); post-invasion violent and non-violent avoidable deaths total 4.5 million; and post-invasion under-5 infant deaths total 2.4 million (90% avoidable and due to US Alliance war crimes in gross violence of the Geneva Convention – Articles 55 and 56 of the Geneva Convention Relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War demand that an Occupier must supply life-sustaining food and medical requisites “to the fullest extent of the means available to it” but according to the WHO the “total annual expenditure on health per capita” permitted in Occupied Afghanistan is $29 as compared to $6,714 in Occupier US and $3,122 in Occupier racist, white Apartheid Australia).
There are 3-4 million Afghan refugees plus a further 2.5 million Pashtun refugees generated in NW Pakistan by the obscene war policies of war criminal Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Obama – this carnage involving 4.5 million post-invasion violent and non-violent excess Afghan deaths constitutes an Afghan Holocaust and an Afghan Genocide as defined by Article 2 of the UN Genocide Convention.
In terms of post-invasion death toll the Afghan Holocaust, Afghan Genocide has now reached the dimensions of the World War 2 Jewish Holocaust (5-6 million killed, 1 in 6 dying from deprivation) (see: Gilbert, M. (1969) (with Banks, A., cartographer), Jewish History Atlas (Weidenfeld & Nicolson, London);
Gilbert, M. (1982), Atlas of the Holocaust (Michael Joseph, London); Polya, G. (2007), Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950 (Polya, Melbourne); Polya, G.M. (1998, 2008), Jane Austen and the Black Hole of British History. Colonial rapacity, holocaust denial and the crisis in biological sustainability (Polya, Melbourne)).
Just as people responsible for the WW2 Jewish Holocaust were arraigned, tried and punished, so those responsible for the Afghan Holocaust, Afghan Genocide should be arraigned before the International Criminal Court, the major perpetrators including George Bush (US), Barack Obama (US), Tony Blair (UK), Gordon Brown (UK), Stephen Harper (Canada), Nicolas Sarkozy (France), Angela Merkel (Germany), John Howard (Apartheid Australia) , Kevin Rudd (Apartheid Australia) and their associates and underlings.
The Afghan Holocaust, Afghan Genocide is one of a number of immense, ongoing genocides in which Apartheid Australia and its US Alliance allies are variously complicit as summarized below (January 2010). I have created a series of detailed, documented, and regularly updated websites that set out documented, authoritative data and expert opinions about current, ongoing Genocides from the 1960s to the 2010s that are still overwhelmingly ignored by academics, journalists, politicians and media in the Western Murdochracies (simply search for the relevant terms such as "Afghan Holocaust" coupled with the name "polya").
Palestinian Genocide (0.3 million post-invasion violent and non-violent excess deaths, 0.2 million post-invasion under-5 infant deaths, 7 million refugees).
Afghan Holocaust, Afghan Genocide (4.5 million post-invasion violent and non-violent excess deaths, 2.4 million post-invasion under-5 infant deaths, 3-4 million refugees plus 2.5 million NW Pakistan Pashtun refugees.
Iraqi Holocaust, Iraqi Genocide (2.5 million post-invasion violent and non-violent excess deaths, 0.9 million post-invasion under-5 infant deaths, 5-6 million refugees; 1990-2009, 4.4 million violent and non-violent excess deaths, 2.1 million under-5 infant deaths).
Climate Holocaust, Climate Genocide (man-made global warming increasingly impacts the current 22 million annual avoidable deaths from deprivation and deprivation-exacerbated disease; estimates from top UK climate scientists Dr James Lovelock and Professor Kevin Anderson point to 10 billion avoidable deaths this century due to unaddressed global warming, this including 6 billion infants, 3 billion Muslims in a terminal Muslim Holocaust, 2 billion Indians, 1.3 billion non-Arab Africans, 0.5 billion Bengalis, 0.3 billion Pakistanis and 0.3 billion Bangladeshis).
Aboriginal Holocaust, Aboriginal Genocide (the Australian Indigenous population dropped from circa 1 million to 0.1 million in the first century post-invasion; currently 9,000 Aborigines die avoidably each year, mostly from horrendous neglect, out of an Indigenous population of 0.5 million; Apartheid Australia is involved in all the above ongoing holocausts and genocides, has an appalling secret genocide history (involvement in 20 genocides (of which 6 are ongoing), is the world’s worst annual per capita greenhouse gas polluter, and helped the US sabotage the vital December 2009 Copenhagen Climate Conference).
(For detailed discussion see "Palestinian, Iraqi, Afghan & Aboriginal Genocides, Copenhagen Failure & Climate Genocide", Countercurrents, 30 December 2009: Palestinian, Iraqi, Afghan & Aboriginal Genocides, Copenhagen Failure & Climate Genocide ).
Friday, May 1, 2009
The following update on the carnage of the Afghan Holocaust and Afghan Genocide is an edited version of my article of March 24 2009 in MWC News entitled "Obama's Afghan War. Who is the worse terrorist, Obama or Osama?" (see: link ).
President Barack Obama is making the Afghan War Obama’s Afghan War. Careful analysis of UN mortality statistics reveals that 46,000 Afghans have died avoidably in the first 40 days of the Obama presidency, including 32,250 infant deaths due to US war crimes..
On 27 March 2009 Obama unveiled a new strategy for Occupied Afghanistan and robot-bombed
Obama, who has already ordered a surge of more than 17,000 additional
Now PM Rudd of close US ally Australia has indicated that the Australian Government will send more troops to Afghanistan: "Australia and the United States and our allies and partners and friends need a credible, long-term strategy capable of securing the strategic mission, and the strategic mission is all about denying Afghanistan as a state for free operation for terrorists to have safe haven and training grounds to launch attacks in the future."
The Australian Government’s position must be seen in the light of Australian voter opposition to war in Afghanistan as revealed by a Newspoll reported by The Australian newspaper: “nearly two-thirds of Australian voters now oppose sending more troops to Afghanistan” (The Australian, 24 March, 2009) and testament from the commander of the British forces in Occupied Afghanistan, Brigadier Mark Carleton-Smith, that military victory over the Taliban is "neither feasible nor supportable", a view supported by Australian defence Minister Joel Fitzgibbon.
The initial “justification” for the War on Afghanistan was refusal of the mostly Pashtun Taliban Afghan Government to hand over the US-alleged master-mind of the 9-11 atrocity, Osama bin-Laden, to the US, although the Afghan Government offered to such a hand-over to a third party, noting that the US refuses to hand over alleged US war criminals to the International Criminal Court.
War and occupation of other countries is strenuously avoided by decent people and decent societies and for good reason – post-war violent occupation of other countries is typically associated with massive numbers of violent and non-violent excess deaths (avoidable deaths, deaths that should not otherwise have happened).
War is only justified in circumstances of illegal invasion and occupation by another country.
National excess mortality (avoidable mortality, excess death, avoidable deaths, deaths that should not have happened) is defined as the difference between actual deaths in a country and the deaths expected for a peaceful, decently-run country with the same demographics. The UN Population Division provides regularly updated data enabling authoritative estimation of mortality, excess mortality and infant mortality (see my book “Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950”: http://mwcnews.net/Gideon-Polya ).
1. Using UN Population Division annual mortality data one can calculate (as of March 2009) post-invasion excess mortality of 3.1 million persons for Occupied Afghanistan (using a base-line annual mortality rate of 4 deaths per 1,000 of population for a peaceful, decently-run country with the same demographics).
2. Using UN Population Division data one can estimate post-invasion under-5 infant deaths at 2.25 million of which about 90% (2.0 million) have been avoidable deaths.
3. For impoverished
4. In Occupied
5. The latest data from UNHCR indicate about 4 million refugees from the Afghanistan War, the breakdown being 2.1 million (
6. The estimate of a current 327,000 “annual under-5 infant deaths” in Occupied Afghanistan (from UN Population Division data) is in exact agreement with the estimate of 327,000 annual under-5 infant deaths in Occupied Afghanistan from UNICEF (see UNICEF).
7. Deaths from the Afghanistan War must also include post-invasion global opiate drug-related deaths due to US Alliance restoration of the Taliban-destroyed Afghan opium industry from about 6% in 2001 to 93% in 2007 (see UNODC World Drug Report 2007). About 0.1 million people die from opiate drug-related causes each year (see Australian National Drug Research Centre) and hence about 0.75 million have died in the 7.5 years since the invasion of Afghanistan, of whom about 90%, i.e. 0.9 x 0.75 million = 0.7 million people, have died as a result of the huge expansion of the Afghan opium industry under US Alliance occupation.
9. In 2005, of 18,347 deaths due to narcotics and psychodysleptics, 12, 262 were due to heroin (2,011) , other opioids (5,789) or methadone (4,462) (see US CDC) . Given the over 90% contribution of the US restoration of the Taliban-destroyed opium industry to world illicit heroin production, and the interconnectedness and effective indistinguishability of “Afghan-derived heroin” from the “pool” of other abusively-used opiates, one can accordingly crudely estimate 0.9 x 12,262 persons/year x 7.5 years = 82,769 US opiate drug-related deaths (0.9 x 2,011 deaths/year x 7.5 years = 13,574 heroin-related deaths) connected with the aftermath of the US invasion and occupation of Afghanistan
10. It can be estimated that there are about 426 opiate-related deaths annually in Australia (see: here) of which about 90% (383) are due to the US-responsible Occupied Afghan contribution to the world heroin market i.e. 383 x 7.5 years = 2,873 opiate-related deaths since the invasion of Afghanistan (the Australian Government has fatuously obfuscated this in detailed communication to me by saying that most of Australia’s heroin actually comes from places other than Afghanistan) .
11. The number of Western civilians killed by Muslim-origin non-state terrorists in the last 40 years totals about 7,000 (this including Israelis and ignores substantial evidence for US or
12. In shocking contrast to the numbers in #11, as of March 2009 in the Occupied Palestinian, Iraqi and Afghan Territories post-invasion non-violent excess deaths total 0.3 million, 1.0 million and 3.2 million, respectively; post-invasion violent deaths total about 10,000, 1.3 million and about 2 million, respectively (see #4 above); post-invasion under-5 infant deaths total 0.2 million, 0.6 million and 2.3 million, respectively; and refugees total 7 million, 6 million and 4 million, respectively – this constituting a Palestinian Holocaust, an Iraqi Holocaust and an Afghan Holocaust and a Palestinian Genocide, Iraqi Genocide and Afghan Genocide as defined by Article 2 of the UN Genocide Convention and egregious war crimes due in part to Occupier war criminal non-supply of life-sustaining food and medical requisites demanded unequivocally by Articles 55 and 56 of the Geneva Convention Relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War (for detailed documentation of sources see “Iraq invasion 6th anniversary. 2.3 million excess deaths”: http://mwcnews.net/content/view/29360/42/ ).
What can we conclude from this tragic litany?
About as many Australians have died from opiates due to the US-restoration of the Taliban-destroyed Afghan opium industry (2,900) as the number of victims of the 9-11 atrocity (3,000). Should
Vastly more global citizens (0.75 million) and US citizens (83,000) have died from opiates linked to the US invasion of Afghanistan and the US Alliance restoration of the Taliban-destroyed opium industry than those who died on 9-11 (3,000). Should the World demand that Obama hand over the American perpetrators for justice before the International Criminal Court?
There is universal detestation of paedophiles, but paedocides – those who kill children – elicit utter horror. From the above data one can estimate that 327,000 Occupied Afghan under-5 year old infants die each year under US Alliance occupation, 90% avoidably and due to US Alliance war crimes i.e. 0.9 x 327,000 = 294,300 avoidable Occupied Afghan infant deaths yearly, 806 deaths daily and 40 days x 806 infant deaths/day = 32,250 avoidable Afghan under-5 infant deaths so far in the first 40 days and nights of the Obama Administration.
32,500 Afghan under-5 infant deaths corresponds to 32,250/0.7 = 46,000 avoidable Afghan deaths due to Obama. With 46,000 Afghan avoidable deaths in 40 days to his credit, Obama has already vastly exceeded the US-alleged Muslim-origin non-state terrorist body count of 7,000 total Western deaths over 40 years.
Who is the worse terrorist, Obama or Osama? Obama already wins hands down as the worse terrorist by an enormous margin. With Obama backing continuing foreign occupations of Haiti, Somalia, Diego Garcia, Palestine, Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan, extending US bombing of Pakistan and now permitting US or Israeli bombing of Sudan, Obama is set to take over the mantle from George W. Bush for being the World’s worst terrorist.
SUMMARY: as revealed in this article published on March 24 2009 by the humane and ethical MWC News the human cost of the US-, UK- NATO- and Australia-imposed Afghan Holocaust and Afghan Genocide is of a similar magnitude to that of the WW2 Jewish Holocaust ( 5-6 million killed, 1 in 6 dying from deprivation; see:
A major cause of the carnage is gross Occupier violation of the Articles 55 and 56 of the Geneva Convention Relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War - the latest WHO data (see: link ) inform us that the the “total annual per capita medical expenditure” permitted by the US-led Occupiers in Occupied Iraq and Occupied Afghanistan is US$124 and US$29, respectively, as compared to US$6,714 for the US.